Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Ask and you shall receive

Wow. Things must be bad when the infrequent readers start complaining about the lack of posts. The pictures off my handsome boy just not cuttin’ it anymore?!

That’s ok. I’ve been meaning to post for a while now but I usually do the internet thing while at work and things here have been rather hectic lately. This is my last week before I start maternity leave. And it has taken me months to get the details of my benefits squared away with our HR dept. My company is based in another country eh? So, they had no plan in place for a California employee seeking disability benefits. Oh it has been fun. If you live in CA and have SDI questions – call me! I can probably answer your question and you won’t even have to wait on hold for 30 minutes first!

Hmm…beside the unnecessary work-related stress (I really shouldn’t have had to do HR’s job for them!) what else has been going on? Not too much. I’m becoming more uncomfortable each day. And I have 5 more weeks to go. I suffer moments of great doubt.

We had my baby shower last –no wait- 2 weekends ago! (I am behind on things) It was wonderful but exhausting. Everything was beautiful and of course there were fresh flowers on the table – P~ and Aunt Rita did a fabulous job. The food was fantastic. And so many of my friends and family were able to attend - I couldn’t have been happier. Even Dr. Kim made it and I haven’t seen her in a couple years. I told her that under no circumstances was I going to go through such extreme measures again just to see her! My only regret was that I didn’t get to spend more time with the Fresno family contingent that drove up for the shower and then had to turn around and head back home. And unfortunately Sharon was out of town that weekend. But it was still a great party and I am almost done writing out my thank you cards. And the best thing is that I think I’m finally over my cake/cupcake obsession.

I’ve also been spending a lot of time, ink and paper on printing photos with my new printer. The quality is amazing! I’ve filled 2 photo albums with vacations photos that have been languishing on my computer for the last year. I sent a bunch of 8”x10”s of Kyle to my dad. And just this weekend I picked up some 13”x19” photo paper. So, now is the time to look through my Flickr photo stream and if you see something you like – ask and you just might receive!

Maybe I’ll even take some new photos. Kyle’s haircut is growing out fast!

No comments: