Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Conspiracy Theory

2 months ago I had a baby. Today a migraine tried to kill me. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I’ve had migraines since I was a kid, but they were thankfully infrequent. One, maybe two a year. However, after Kyle was born I became the migraine queen! It was bad. Really bad. Headaches would pursue me for days on end until I was searching the house for a gun bad. Although they got better after I left the ex. Imagine that.

Alas (Alas?! yep, that is the cue for you to start feeling bad for me) over the last couple weeks I’ve been getting reacquainted with my old friend Maxalt the Migraine Medicine. Regrettably, after 9 months of not being able to take any (and luckily not really needing to) I have gotten out of the habit of carrying a pill in my purse, one in the car, and one taped to my forehead at all times! So today, by the time I got home from taking Kyle to his first day of STAR Summer Camp, getting an estimate on my car (another story for another time) and taking Erin to her 2 month check-up, well…I was screwed. I had missed the window for maximum Maxalt effectiveness. I didn’t start to feel better until around dinnertime. Which is far too long a stay in headache hell. (Thank you again Chris for picking up Kyle and going to the grocery store. You rock! Hey – Chris Rock. Ha. Wait. I was picturing Chris Tucker. He’s the one I like - especially in The Fifth Element. I can always watch that movie. There really is nothing I like better than hearing a grown man scream like a little girl! What? …I’m rambling? …sorry)

The point was that I’m finally feeling semi-human again. And that Erin is 2 months old. And she weighs 12 pounds! And she is perfect. (We though so, but its nice to have medical validation no?) And that I’m pretty sure my children are trying to kill me. And after all I’ve done for them what with the gift of life and all. How rude.

So I’ll call in a refill on my prescription and start stashing pills around town again. Moving on.

As promised: Back in Black


And who needs cable when there is a sleeping baby to watch?!

Fascinating.

What do you do with a crashed out baby in a car seat?

This:
And this:
And even a little of this!

Don't look at me like that (HA!)- you know that's funny. I especially like the middle one! Go ahead, scroll back up, I'll wait. Hehe... Yup. I'm feeling better.
Now before you get your knickers in a twist – remember that I am the meanest mom ever. And that these kids (together with my hormones) are conspiring against me. And that paybacks are a bitch. Especially when you have a digital camera and an internet connection.

No comments: