Monday, May 22, 2006

Maiden Voyage

We are going camping in Fort Bragg for Memorial Day weekend!

This will be the first time we’ve:
1. used our pop-up trailer
2. towed anything with the Highlander
3. taken the Highlander on a road trip
4. gone to the dive club’s Memorial Weekend event
5. stayed at this campground
6. gone camping with Kyle*

That is a whole lot of unknowns. Needless to say, we are in “list” mode and did lots of shopping this past weekend. I picked up a new duffle bag so that I will have plenty of room for numerous jackets and a pair of shoes for every condition imaginable.

* I haven’t camped with Kyle in over 4 years; and this will be the first time Chris, Kyle and I have camped together as a family. I wouldn’t be worried about this except Kyle has had an awful attitude the last couple days. We are not too happy with him right now. Hopefully he’ll get his act together by Friday or it’s gonna be a long weekend – and not in the good way.

But even with lippy boy, I am so excited to get back to the north coast!
I’m happy anywhere on the coast but Ft Bragg has WMDs! (Aloha Waffles at Café 1) And MacKerricher State Beach - which has fantastic tide pools for Kyle and I to check out while Chris is diving. And one night we’ll have dinner at the North Coast Brewing Co. where I
ll try to finish my Red Seal Ale this time.

And let’s not forget the abalone! Who want to come over for dinner in 2 weeks?

1 comment:

Julie said...

I do! I do!
...oh wait.....
damn.