Monday, June 26, 2006

A quickie - I came, I saw, I went home

Or – Do you rent your rooms by the hour?

Now, I don’t want to turn this into a what I did this weekend play by play kind of blog. But, if the last thing I mentioned was that I was meeting an old friend at a hotel – well, I can’t really leave ya hangin’ can I?!

I could. But karma baby.

I met up with the Sain’t after work at the Super 8 Deluxe in Dixon. Deluxe meaning the hallways were inside. I can’t comment on the rooms because we didn’t get any. Christopher was unable to stay so we never left the lobby. We chatted for a couple hours and then he got the call and had to leave. Lets classify it as a family emergency and leave it at that. It was great to see him but 2 hours was not enough time. We never even got to the beer. And worst of all – no pictures.

I ended up back at home by 7:30 and in an off mood. Christopher had given me the first two volumes of the Lucifer series by Vertigo – a spin off from the Sandman by Neil Gaiman. He had already sent me the first few issues a couple years ago when I was still living in the apartment. At that time I thought they were ok but eh. And I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to start reading them while teetering on the edge of a funk. But I'm a devil-may-care kind of gal (HA) and well, I had the time. I guess I just wasn’t in the right frame of mind back then, because I’m totally enjoying them now. In fact I went to Borders on Saturday night and purchased Vol. 3.

So, after a lovely Saturday hanging out with Cynthia, I spent the rest of the weekend alone, reading graphic novels and John Irving, painting, and watching Amadeus with the volume cranked. I don’t think that has affected my psyche at all. I feel fine.

Thank god Chris is coming home tonight.

No comments: