Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Seeing spots

Santa Cruz was wonderful as always. We finally timed things so that we had Kyle with us when Chris’ folks were there. They hadn’t seen Kyle since Christmas. Lucky bastards.

Oh come on, I'm kidding.
But because of Kyle, P baked chocolate chip cookies. She was pulling them out of the oven as we stepped in the door Friday night.
I love my mother-in-law but she is obviously trying to kill me!
Who can resist warm cookies?! And let’s not even discuss the apple strudel birthday cake we had for Mr.B on Saturday night – good gravy that thing weighed more that Kyle!!

The ocean conditions were just bad enough (poor visibility) that Chris didn’t go diving – sad for him but nice for the rest of us. So after a slow start on Saturday morning (I was fighting another damn headache) we were on our way to Carmel with Kyle and his new wetsuit. We met up with friends and took the boys to the beach. It was overcast and a bit chilly but when has that stopped a kid from playing in the water until they can’t feel their hands anymore. And those lips – what a lovely shade of blue! We got back to Santa Cruz in time for Saturday night pasta and that evil cake. Sunday morning after a fabulous breakfast (quiche from the Farm, fresh fruit and scones), we slid Kyle into his wetsuit and Chris’ dad took him boogie boarding while Chris and I went shopping for a couple hours. Kyle had a blast but was so wiped out he slept most of the way home. Sure, the drive was peaceful but getting him to bed that night? Not fun. Next time we poke him with sharp sticks all the way home.

And unfortunately the dust spot fix didn’t happen as planned. Apparently it wasn’t a job the shop owner could do. I would have had to leave my camera there for 3 days. Not in Santa Cruz my friend – we won’t be back until next month! I ended up taking only 28 pictures over the weekend. I’m not sure if it was because of the dust specks and all the editing I just did, or the overcast sky but I just wasn’t in the mood to take pictures. I’m also a bit burned out on the ocean shots. I had my camera with me as we strolled around downtown Santa Cruz but nothing really caught my eye. Even Umbrella Man didn’t prompt me to pull out my camera. So, only 14 new photos on Flickr.

Hey! I heard that sigh of relief! Don’t get too happy – I’m taking my camera to the shop today at lunch.

No comments: